Fast Fashion, by definition is: an approach to the design, creation, and marketing of clothing fashions that emphasizes making fashion trends quickly and cheaply available to consumers (Merriam-Webster).
Meaning, that most stores in our country sell cheap clothes at an alarming rate, and in turn, the people making the clothes in a different country are working long hours in horrible working conditions and not getting paid a fair wage.
Since learning about Fast Fashion, I’ve acquired new ways to shop, what I buy and where I buy it! Below are some easy ways to shop more responsibly:
- Shop organic & local for groceries
- Buy clothes only made in the US or from stores that are sustainable businesses
- Recycling clothes by shopping at retail stores!
And here are some resources & organizations I trust & follow:
- Fashion Revolution (FashionRevolution.org)
- The True Cost documentary
- Favorite shops: ABLE, Noonday, YoungLiving, Patagonia, ThreadUp
Follow me on Insta @halie_ramsey for more insight!