In response to my posts, I received a lot of questions. Questions like:
- What is Fast Fashion?
- How do I begin to change my lifestyle?
- Where should I shop?
- What’s a good, responsible company you recommend?
I wanted to share some tips & insights from what I’ve learned over the past few years. I’ve written a few different posts about these topics, feel free to click on the links & bounce around!
Here are some helpful resources & stores that I trust and love!
01. The True Cost documentary is “a story about clothing. It’s about the clothes we wear, the people who make them, and the impact the industry is having on our world. The price of clothing has been decreasing for decades, while the human and environmental costs have grown dramatically. The True Cost is a groundbreaking documentary film that pulls back the curtain on the untold story and asks us to consider, who really pays the price for our clothing?” You can also find it on Netflix.
02. Fashion Revolution started Fashion Revolution Week after the 2013 collapse of 5 garment companies making global brand clothing in Bangladesh. Since then they have started a world-wide campaign asking global brand clothing companies, “Who Made My Clothes?” to raise awareness about the millions of men, women and children around the world working in poor conditions and not getting paid a fair wage.
Blog I follow:
01. Simply Liv & CO. is an ethical fashion blog. Olivia is a talented writer and writes for ethical clothing companies, she gives great insight into brands and companies you can trust!
02. Seasons and Salt is a “simple style blog tailored to share sustainable, ethical designers.” Check it out; Andrea, the author, is a great writer and sends really fun emails about outfits, traveling + so much more!
Ethical stores I trust & love:
- Leather goods: ABLE
- Jewelry: Noonday
- Oils, cleaning products & make-up: YoungLiving
- Outdoor wear: Patagonia
- Women’s clothing: ThreadUp
- And here’s a list of 35 more ethical clothing stores for both men and women: http://www.thegoodtrade.com/features/fair-trade-clothing